Col Gaddafi’s message before he was gruesomely murdered:
“I will not go into exile to any foreign country. I was born here in Libya, and I will die here. This country was a dessert, and I turned it into a green country, where everything can grow.
No one Loves this land more than its citizens. If Europe and America tell you that they love you, be careful. They love the wealth of your land. The oil and not the people. They are helping you to fight against me but, it will be wiser for you to fight against them because they are fighting against your future and progress.
My message to you the people of Libya is, they are helping you to kill me but you will pay the price because you will suffer. And my message to you America and Europe is, you will kill me, but be ready to fight a never-ending TERRORISM. Before you realize your ignorance, terrorists will be hitting you at your doorstep.”
Libya under Gadaffi:
1. There was no electricity bill in Libya, electricity is free for all its citizens.
2. There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens are at a 0% interest by law.
3. Home is considered a human right in Libya. Gaddafi vowed that his parents would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a
4. All newlywed young couples in Libya receive $60,000 Dinars (US$50,000) from the government to buy their first apartment.
5. Education and medical treatment were free in Libya. Before Gaddafi, 85% of Libyans were literate. Today, the figure stands at 17%.
6. Libyans taking up farming as a career received farm land, a farming house, equipment, seeds and livestock to kick- start their farms – all for free.
7. If Libyans could not find the education or medical facilities they needed in Libya, the government funded them to go abroad for it.
8. In Gaddafi’s Libya, if a Libyan bought a car, the government subsidized 50% of the price.
9. The price of petrol in Libya was $0. 14 per litre.
10. Libya had no external debt and its reserves amounted to $150 billion – now frozen globally.
11. If a Libyan was unable to get employment after graduation, the state would pay the average salary of the profession as if he or she is employed until employment was found.
12. A portion of Libyan oil sale was credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.
13. A mother who gave birth to a child under Gaddafi, received US $5,000 as child benefit upfront.
14. 40 loaves of bread in Libya cost $ 0.15.
15. Gaddafi executed the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Man- Made River Project, to make water readily available throughout the desert.
If this is called “Dictatorship”, I wonder what type of Leadership Democrats have!!
Share this to remember Gaddafi.
May Allah (SWT) grant him everlasting Jannah.